The Festival of Colour would not be possible without the support of its ‘unpaid lovers of the arts! We understand the value of volunteers and will do everything possible to ensure your time spent working on the festival is both enjoyable and memorable.
This agreement outlines what you can expect from us, and what we hope from you in return.
All festival volunteers are expected to attend the volunteer briefing on 11th April 2021.
The Southern Lakes Festival of Colour will do our best to:
- give you information about the Festival, its staff, your role and the induction and/or training you need to fulfil your role
- provide support and supervision during your time assisting the festival
- provide training and feedback, and a safe environment in support of our Health & Safety policy
- ensure that we comply with all legal necessities for working with volunteers
- value your important contribution and sing your praises
We expect you to:
- work without financial reward
- conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times, whether dealing with the public, artists or festival staff
- dress appropriately at all times – festival t-shirts will be provided which can be worn with black trousers or skirts
- maintain confidentiality (You will not, without proper authority during your volunteer work, or after its termination, disclose any confidential information relating to the Festival of Colour)
- be proactive in taking all reasonable practical steps to ensure the safety of yourself and others affected by your work, to follow the instructions of your Venue Manager at all times and to co-operate fully with management in implementing the Festival’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
This agreement is binding in honour only, is not intended to be a legally binding contract between us and may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party.