Sal Valentine and the Babyshakes, shaking it in the Pacific Crystal Palace, April 2017
Our Festival of Colour 2019 programme is almost ready to go to print, and we will be revealing all on Monday February 11.
We can’t wait to share an incredible line-up of music, dance, theatre, film, talks and visual arts with you – we’re confident everyone who comes to the festival will see something they’ve never seen before!
Invitations for our launch event will go out next week to our Patrons, Benefactors, Sponsors and other supporters – if you would like to become a supporter, or if you would like to renew as a Patron or Benefactor, read our handy Supporters’ Guide below.
Save the dates
Excited? This is when it’s all happening:
Monday, February 11
- Festival of Colour 2019 launch
- Festival of Colour 2019 programme live on our website from 7pm
- Priority ticket bookings for Patrons, Benefactors and Sponsors start from 7pm
Tuesday, February 12
- Find our paper programme in shops and cafes around Wanaka
- Paper programmes mailed out – watch for one in your post box
Friday, February 22
- General ticket sales start from 8:30am – book online, in person at Lake Wanaka Centre, or by telephone (022 4 849 669)
- The Lake Wanaka Centre box office will be open on Friday, February 22 from 8:30am to 2pm and on Saturday, February 23 from 10am to 2pm
Sunday, March 31 – Monday April 8
- The 2019 Festival of Colour is on!
Wanaka is growing, and so are we
Street theatre with professional clown Fraser Hooper, April 2015
Our official Festival of Colour dates are April 2-7, but our programme is spilling over the edges.
We have added extra days to the 2019 schedule – lock in from midday Sunday March 31 to midday on Monday April 8 and get ready to enjoy nine days’ worth of the best in national and international arts and ideas, right here in our region.
This year’s Festival of Colour will also see an expanded programme of free community events on our Street Theatre Day, scheduled for Saturday April 6.
We love our volunteers
Every year we are lucky to have an incredible crew of volunteers who help make our festival happen. If you are interested in getting involved as a volunteer, visit our website and fill in our ‘Sign-up’ form here.
How to become a Patron or a Benefactor
The Festival of Colour happens because of the support of you, our community. A very big thank you to the Patrons and Benefactors who have already committed for 2019 – you have helped us bring the best of arts and ideas to our region.
If you haven’t renewed yet, or if you would like to become a Patron or Benefactor, there are several easy ways to do it:
- renew your membership online through the Festival of Colour website
- direct deposit your donation into our Southern Lakes Arts Festival Trust bank account with your name as a reference
- post or drop off a cheque to the festival office: PO Box 630, Wanaka, 9343
- get directly in touch with General Manager Laura Williamson on email@example.com, or on 443 4172.
Check out these other festivals
The Magic Flute
We may be the best little festival in New Zealand, but some of our bigger relatives are well worth a visit.
WOMAD runs over a long weekend in New Plymouth from March 15 to 17. Check out some great music on www.womad.co.nz.
Auckland Arts Festival runs from March 7 to 24. Take a look at shows like the remarkable Mozart’s The Magic Flute and so much more on www.aucklandfestival.co.nz.